Berkshire Agricultural Ventures envisions a vibrant, thriving and resilient food and farming system in the Berkshires and neighboring regions where healthy food is accessible to all.
Our mission is to weave together diverse community assets with strategic investments to forge a resilient regional food and farming system by increasing local entrepreneurs’ access to grants and loans and providing, technical and business support.
To accomplish this mission, we offer new sustainable local investment mechanisms and technical assistance options to help move the Berkshire region toward food security. In so doing, we foster and support innovative and enduring food and farming enterprises that help strengthen our community.
Our core values are aligned with those of the 50-year plan, A New England Food Vision:
- Farming and food businesses are together an important regional economic force.
- The resilience of food and farming depends on access to nimble and scalable financing and technical assistance.
- Access to healthy food is a fundamental human right.
- The sustainable care of soil, land, forests and waterways are essential for regional resilience.
- The success of the vision depends on collective action and collaboration.